Evert Zeevalkink

by | Sep 1, 2013 | Good Finds

Update: Evert was awesome enough to do an interview with us, and we are quite honored – Please check it out!

Evert Zeevalkink is a guitarist from a far away land where everyone has Lars Ulrich’s accent one of my favorite BMX websites is produced. He releases YouTube videos of him playing through a space station sized pedal board creating giant soundscapes that are just waiting for a movie to be written around them. About 90% of the time these are awesome, the other 10% of the time they are merely “way better than most of the other stuff you’re listening to.”

In the above video Evert uses the self oscillation feature of the ZVex Fuzz Probe to start a loop which he then controls via a shedload of pedals to make music using everything but the guitar.  It’s not one of those things that most guitarists would think about doing and the results are brilliant.

More of Evert’s work on the other side of the break

If you like what you’ve seen go to Evert’s YouTube channel. It’s full of loop based pop rocky goodness.